Wednesday 27 May 2009

Chasing butterfly and dreams

Finally managed to get some time to be creative. Its busy, busy which always stops the creative flow. I am busy all weekend so need to get some creations made to save my sanity. Its my mothers birthday very soon and I have created this specially for her as she loves all things butterfly and this is all butterfly.
Over on just-magnolia they would like to see a card that is not square shaped. I choose to make a butterfly shaped card to fit with my theme.
The paper on the front is basic grey. Tilda and butterlies are from the spring set. I made the sentiment on my computer and cut it out in the shape of a butterfly. The paper on the inside I created using my computer so that it matched. I glued some gems to add some bling.
Card recipe
Stamps: magnolia
Papers: Basic grey
Flowers: Prima

Images coloured with copic pens.
Thanks for stopping by I hope you like it.
I love reading your comments and I can visit your blog.
Jakki x

21 comments:

Jolanda said...

What a great card! And to be honest, I almost made the same shape (didnt saw yours though) and decided to put my Magnolia (which is the same as yours) in a scallop card.

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Oh my goodness Jakki, this card is simply stunning, your mum is going to absolutely love it. I love the shaped butterfly too and those papers are just beautiful, so summery!! hope you have a good evening with more time to craft. Big hugs Linda x

Nina said...

OMG, so beautiful! Love the coulors :)

Hug from Nina

Rach said...

wow this is fantastic. love it.xx

Morag Cutts said...

Beautiful card. Love the way you've coloured Tilda in.

Kreativmonster said...

Busy, busy - it's just the same with me. I can't say that about my creativity - I can't reach yours!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Jakki,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh wow Jakki, your Mum's card sure is pretty, such a gorgeous design and details and your colouring of this sweet Tilda is beautiful, I love the highlights in her hair. Big Hugs, Nikki x

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Jakki.
I just love the butterfly shaped card and your Tilda is colored so beautifully.

Karen x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is brilliant, fabulous shaped card and Tilda looks fab.
luv
Debby

Swaantje said...

Gorgeous card, love the image you've used.
The butterfly shaped card is great.

Hugs
Swaani

kaylou said...

Hi jakki
i love your card great shape love the papers too...
hugs kaylou xoxo

Jodi said...

Very cute and clever idea!! Love the colors you chose for her too!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Mina said...

stunning card Jakki, I love the shape and your perfect Tilda xxx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

This is absolutely darling! We would love it if you participated in our challenges Jakki! Your work is stunning!
Luv,
Heidi

Ila said...

This is just Amazing and Super Cute!!..your coloring and design of this card is Fabulous!!...Hugs, Ila

Sew This N That said...

Beautiful card Jakki, love that you have used a butterfly shaped card to go with the butterfly image.
Your colouring is amazing too :0)
*hugs* Heather x

shortyrose said...

Fabulous card!!! It is so wonderful!

Greetings from Germany
shortyrose

Maya said...

Ohhh Jakki,this is so beatiful!!
Love the butterfly shape on you`re card!!
And Tilda is beautifully coloured!

I am sitting on a pc from the hotel i am on,couldn`t resist my self ;)
Had to bloghop a litle *giggle*
Have a wonderful week my friend,and talk to you soon :)
Big hugs from Maya:)

DawnMarie said...

Hi Jakki, wow this is beautiful, I love the butterfly card shape, its just so much more than a card, you'd leave it out all the time, I'm sure your mum will love it. Gorgeous colouring too. Hugs Dawn Marie.xx

Victoria said...

This is just stunning Jakki! Love the butterfly shape you have created. Tilda and the papers are such a fab combination!
Hugs, Vicky -x-